Installation time varies based on wheel design, wheel size and experience level of the person doing the work. A first time do-it-yourself installation takes 40 minutes for a set of four wheels. A person who has installed RimPro-Tec Wheel Bands on several cars can do an installation on a set of four wheels in 20 minutes or less.
Please ensure to follow installation instructions. For full instructions check FAQ section or watch videos bellow.
Note: Please cut 5mm off each end of the RimPro-Tec base before installing.
Important: Wheel Bands should be installed at temperatures above 50°F (10°C). Prior to installation they should not be stored above 120°F (50°C).
- Wash wheels, allow to dry and have all required parts and tools ready. (cutters or knife not included).
- Use RimPro-Tec wipe (4 wipes supplied in one pack x1 per wheel) to remove any residue or contaminants that may remain on the wheel rim.
- Choose the location on the wheel rim that the RimPro-Tec base will adhere to, making sure the entire surface of the rim is completely undamaged for the adhesive tape to be applied to.
- Gently place one end of the RimPro-Tec base onto the desired part of the wheel rim making sure to hold the rest of the RimPro-Tec base away from the wheel to avoid accidental adhesion.
- Carefully peel off backing from the tape in 1/4 sections at a time whilst applying to the wheel. (making sure you do not handle the tape as this could potentially reduce the adhesion).
- Follow the wheel contour whilst pressing the RimPro-Tec base firmly in place to complete the circle.
- Carefully mark the RimPro-Tec base and cut to desired wheel size ensuring both ends are flush together, NO GAPS, discard any excess RimPro-Tec base when finished.
- Press the RimPro-Tec base on the wheel FIRMLY with the fitting tool, making sure the RimPro-Tec base is well fixed to the wheel.
- Insert the RimPro-Tec Pinstripe™ (Inner) into the RimPro-Tec base, cut to desired length, making sure the Pinstripe™ (Inner) join is at opposite ends to the RimPro-Tec base join.
- Push the completed RimPro-Tec System on to the wheel rim FIRMLY with fitting tool to achieve maximum adhesion. Allow up to 72 hours for full adhesion. Vehicle can be driven immediately once all RimPro-Tec Systems are fully installed. Do not wash wheels for 72 hours once fitted to allow full adhesion.
Watch videos bellow for a detailed installation instructions
Learn how to properly install the outers and inners onto your wheel.
Watch a properly setup RimPro-Tec System as it prevents kurb rash
An Installation Case History: Tesla S owner discovers RimPro-Tec Wheel Bands